Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Song Length Doubling

So I've got some songs that have randomly doubled and tripled in length on iTunes. All Mp3 files that I've downloaded from the internet over time.

When I check the actual file itself, it has the correct time on it and if I preview the song (holding spacebar) it play the song correctly. On my phone, where the song has been synced through iCloud it also has the correct length and plays fine.

On my MacBook however, the song time has changed and some tracks will continue playing the music after the randomly while some will just have an extra 3 minutes silence.

Anybody know what has happened or a fix for it that not just manually changing the stop time?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Oct 7, 2019 7:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 8, 2019 6:59 AM

I've seen some threads about tracks being extended when artwork is embedded, but that is usually in the order of about 30 seconds duplication of the end of the track rather than doubling. I suggest you restore affected files from known good backup copies. See Recover your iTunes library from your iPod or iOS device - Apple Community if you need to extract the files that are on your device.

tt2

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 8, 2019 6:59 AM in response to Lunahi6h

I've seen some threads about tracks being extended when artwork is embedded, but that is usually in the order of about 30 seconds duplication of the end of the track rather than doubling. I suggest you restore affected files from known good backup copies. See Recover your iTunes library from your iPod or iOS device - Apple Community if you need to extract the files that are on your device.

tt2

iTunes Song Length Doubling

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.