Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Purchases are missing

My purchases in App Store are missing after clean update to Catalina OS!

MacBook Pro

Posted on Oct 8, 2019 6:18 AM

28 replies

Oct 8, 2019 6:32 AM in response to Gronev

I have Family Sharing enabled, with mine and my wife's accounts sharing. In the App Store now both accounts show no purchased apps. When I logged out of the Organiser account and into my account, I was able to see a purchase as hidden. When I unhid it it then disappeared from the Purchases.

Additionally, I've purchased the Server app and it won't launch now in its present version and I'm directed to the App Store when I try to launch it, but the App Store keeps offering me to Open the installed version, i.e. there is no upgraded version offered.

Oct 8, 2019 10:45 AM in response to Gronev

I have this same problem. There is a workaround I found somewhere else. If you go to an app you've purchased and go through the purchasing process again, it doesn't charge you. It says something along the lines of "This update is free as you have already purchased this app." I was skeptical so I tried it with a $5 app before I risked it with an expensive one. It installed and ran and I didn't get charged. I then proceeded to install all my expensive apps with the same result.

However, it doesn't resolve the problem of your purchases not showing up. I had to go through my purchase history to figure out all the apps I bought. There is obviously something wrong with the interaction between iCloud accounts and the Mac App Store.

Oct 8, 2019 1:04 PM in response to guireisbh

I'm sorry to hear that. I had success with it. If the repurchase appears in your purchase history, accessible in Music under Account > View My Account > See All (under Purchase History section), I hope you are able to get a refund. I just checked to make sure since your post made me second guess and none of the previously purchased apps appear there which I just re-downloaded using the workaround I posted.

Oct 8, 2019 2:25 PM in response to Gronev

I also have the same problem with the App Store and my musics.

I have check in another machine that I have Mojave installed and all purchased items are there in the store and iTunes.

This must be some bug not identify by Apple before the release.

Oct 8, 2019 11:26 PM in response to Gronev

Here is another possible fix that worked for me...

Search for an app that you are certain that you had purchased previously and click get and proceed to purchase it (again). It will appear like you are actually making a purchase and it gets a little scary when you get the warning that your credit card will be charged (big hesitation), but immediately afterward a message stating that you had previously purchased this app appears and offers it as a free download. After a single purchase nothing showed up but after my third a little later, all my purchases over the years re-appeared. I hope this works for you as well.

Purchases are missing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.