Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Configure software update to NOT upgrade to Catalina ...

All,

I do not want any of the users in my organization to upgrade to Catalina. There was a terminal command that I can't find to set the computer to NOT show the latest operating system upgrade as an option to download/install. I do however want the computer to continue to check for Mojave security updates, etc.

Thanks,

Bryan

Posted on Oct 8, 2019 9:00 AM

2 replies

Oct 10, 2019 8:36 AM in response to Bryan E. Thompson

Hello Bryan E. Thompson,

Thanks for posting to the Apple Support Communities. I understand you want to not show the upgrade on organizations of your machines. I'll be happy to explain.

Although you can't prevent the update from displaying, ou can turn off downloading updates in the background. This link will explain it in more detail as well as possible Terminal commands that can help: Prevent your Mac from downloading updates in the background

If you are a business and might need further help getting this prepared, you can reach out to our Apple Support team: Contact Apple Support

Have a great day.

Configure software update to NOT upgrade to Catalina ...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.