Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot see any APP purchases made on iPad or iPhone on newly restored 2011 MacBook Pro

I just added a new Samsung SSD 1TB to a late 2011 MacBook Pro running latest High Sierra 10.13.6 which is latest OS the 2011 will support. I am unable to download iMovie as it says I need 10.14.6 and mentions Samsung 1 TB.

Also, in App Store under purchases it says I have made no purchases but have made dozens on iPhone and iPad. New to Mac so not sure if any purchased APPS will work on this notebook. Thanks!

MacBook Pro

Posted on Oct 8, 2019 8:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 8, 2019 10:37 AM

iPhone and iPad apps do not run on macOS, and as such would not show up for download on a Mac.

The Current version of iMovie requires a newer version of macOS than what you have. Unless you downloaded a previous version of iMovie for Mac and as such associated it with your Apple ID, you cannot download it now for High Sierra.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 8, 2019 10:37 AM in response to Chrjenjul

iPhone and iPad apps do not run on macOS, and as such would not show up for download on a Mac.

The Current version of iMovie requires a newer version of macOS than what you have. Unless you downloaded a previous version of iMovie for Mac and as such associated it with your Apple ID, you cannot download it now for High Sierra.

Cannot see any APP purchases made on iPad or iPhone on newly restored 2011 MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.