Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hi, Please help me- my iMac Safari has not loaded some webpages for the past month. And I have no technological skills.

For the last month my Safari has stopped loading particular pages such as all of youtube wont load and my own email website wont load. The funny thing is that when I do a google search for a particular video, then safari will load that video, but I cannot simply go to my own youtube. I am also unable to load the Walmart grocery store website on safari, so I have to use that on my phone too.

I am able to reach youtube, email, and Walmart and have no issues when I am on my phone.

All of these websites, and many more, loaded fine just 1 month ago.

I have looked up instructions on how to fix this issue but I have difficulty understanding "technological writing" and so I dont know how to do what they say to do. I have tried finding where my cookies are in order to delete them but the instructions that I read dont apply to my version of software, so I am unable to delete them.

Please help. Thank you, Julie

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Oct 8, 2019 9:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 8, 2019 11:43 AM

Are you running any anti - virus programs? Using a VPN?

Try setting up another admin user account in System Preferences/Users & Groups to see if the same problem continues. Please post back on whether or not this worked. Also try the Safe Mode. Please post back on whether or not this worked.

Isolating an issue by using another user account 

Safe Mode - About

If it works in the Safe Mode, try running this program when booted normally and then copy and paste the output in a reply. The program was created by Etresoft, a frequent contributor.  Please use copy and paste as screen shots can be hard to read. Click “Share Report” button in the toolbar, select “Copy to Clipboard” and then paste into a reply. This will show what is running on your computer. No personal information is shown. If the log won’t post, try posting it in Pastebin and provide a link in a reply. After pasting the report in a PasteBin page, go to the top of the page, and copy the address in the URL bar. Paste that in a new reply.        Pastebin

Etrecheck – System Information

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 8, 2019 11:43 AM in response to EarthStars

Are you running any anti - virus programs? Using a VPN?

Try setting up another admin user account in System Preferences/Users & Groups to see if the same problem continues. Please post back on whether or not this worked. Also try the Safe Mode. Please post back on whether or not this worked.

Isolating an issue by using another user account 

Safe Mode - About

If it works in the Safe Mode, try running this program when booted normally and then copy and paste the output in a reply. The program was created by Etresoft, a frequent contributor.  Please use copy and paste as screen shots can be hard to read. Click “Share Report” button in the toolbar, select “Copy to Clipboard” and then paste into a reply. This will show what is running on your computer. No personal information is shown. If the log won’t post, try posting it in Pastebin and provide a link in a reply. After pasting the report in a PasteBin page, go to the top of the page, and copy the address in the URL bar. Paste that in a new reply.        Pastebin

Etrecheck – System Information

Hi, Please help me- my iMac Safari has not loaded some webpages for the past month. And I have no technological skills.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.