Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Accessing iCloud from different devices

I pay for 200GB of iCloud storage. Not sure why I did that. I think many of my photos are there, but I can't see them... just a few files that I dragged there myself.

My wife's old iMac (2009) is attached to the default 5GB of iCloud storage, which is full (4.9GB) with two folders, Desktop and Documents. They are apparently a backup of what's on her hard drive. When we look at "Files" from her iPhone, there's nothing that can be listed.

Q: How to access my 200GB of iCloud space from all of there devices?

Thanks!

Posted on Oct 8, 2019 9:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 10, 2019 5:08 PM

Hello lwalton.

Can your wife see the shared storage if she logs in to iCloud.com? What version of macOS is she using on her iMac?

This article may be helpful:

About storage on your device and in iCloud

Cheers.

4 replies

Oct 10, 2019 11:21 AM in response to lwalton

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities, lwalton.

If I understand your post correctly, you'd like to know how to share your iCloud storage with your wife and all of your devices. I’d like to help.

Follow the steps in this article:

Share an iCloud storage plan with your family

Let us know if that resolves this issue for you. 

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. Take care.

Oct 10, 2019 5:30 PM in response to MoonJ.

Okay, I just managed to log her in. It appears she has access to the same Desktop & Documents folder that she sees when she opens the iCloud folder in Finder. But now I see 123.8GB available. Something worked!

Now I just need to get her iPhone 6 accessing the same iCloud. But I don't think she cares about that. 😁

Thanks!

Accessing iCloud from different devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.