Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music Album Artwork and Views Resize Width Limit

The album artwork and other views on the new Apple Music app in macOS Catalina do not resize to the full width of the window anymore past a certain point. Instead, the app limits the maximum size of album artwork to a predefined size and allows only 6 albums per row.

This is horrible news for people with large monitors wanting artwork and other views to utilize the entire width of the window to view more information at a given time and lessen the amount of scrolling necessary. Now the app fills extra space beyond 6 albums with whitespace, making using the app look awful on large screens. As an additional note, clicking an album no longer expands the album on the current screen, but rather it takes you to an entirely new screen, which detracts from the experience as well.

PLEASE FIX THIS. This is deal breaker for me when it comes to choosing my music streaming platform. I plan to switch back to Spotify in the near future due to this issue.

If anyone is aware of a work around for the time being, please let me know.

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Oct 8, 2019 10:52 AM

4 replies

Nov 1, 2019 1:34 AM in response to amildsauce

I don't know if they've actually fixed this, haven't looked at how this view worked in the previous iteration of the app.

This is how the albums view looks fullscreen on a 43 inch Dell monitor in version 1.0.1.37 of the Music app:

Maybe they do listen to user feedback after all?

The album view, however, does not permit you to view anywhere near all of the features available in Songs mode

The main problem is with the Playlists and Songs view modes that has not been fixed yet:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250732870

Please send more feedback about the Playlists and Songs view to http://apple.com/feedback/

Maybe they'll fix this also if they get a sufficient amount of requests

Apple Music Album Artwork and Views Resize Width Limit

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.