Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Icloud drive index gone after upgrade to Catalina.

I used to click on "ICloud Drive" on the sidebar and I would see an index of files, folders etc. in the drive. I could easily scroll through them to find the file I wanted. Now all I see are empty folders for "Desktop" and "Documents". I checked my ICloud drive on-line and everything is there. How can I get that indexed view of my Icloud drive back in Finder?

MacBook Air

Posted on Oct 8, 2019 11:59 AM

Similar questions

2 replies

Oct 10, 2019 1:06 PM in response to JMT_Cairn

Hello JMT_Cairn,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities! I see you're having an issue with Finder and viewing iCloud Drive files, and I'd like to help out.

If you haven't restarted your Mac since noticing this, I'd recommend doing so. It's a simple step, however it can resolve unusual or unexpected issues.

Verify that you're signed in to iCloud with the Apple ID that you use on your devices for iCloud at  > System Preferences > iCloud. You'll also want to make sure that iCloud Drive is checked. Click on Options to verify the options you'd like to use are also selected.

It may just be that you'll need to add iCloud Drive to the Finder Sidebar, as shown here in the macOS User Guide for Catalina:

Change Finder preferences on Mac

Here's some additional info on iCloud Drive: Use iCloud Drive to store documents on your Mac, iPhone, and iPad

Enjoy your day!

Icloud drive index gone after upgrade to Catalina.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.