Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I fix the problem of my mail crashing in Catalina

After updating to Catalina, my email crashes immediately. How do I fix this?

Posted on Oct 8, 2019 9:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 27, 2019 5:53 AM

I had the same problem and after one week trying everything I just deleted my accounts one by one and my Gmail email was the issue. Once deleted and added again to the accounts, mail started working fine again. I hope this helps.

11 replies

Oct 11, 2019 9:12 AM in response to KLZ1

Hello KLZ1,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities! I see you're having an issue with the Mail app, and I'd like to do what I can to help you out.

Have you restarted your Mac and then tried to open Mail again? It's a simple step, but it can resolve unusual issues.

If you are still unable to open the Mail app successfully, try and hold down the Shift key while clicking on Mail. Make sure Mail doesn't show an in use dot under the icon in the Dock. If so, right click and select Quit. Then try opening with the Shift key.

Safe mode is the next step: Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac If Mail opens successfully, restart your Mac to get back to normal boot and then try Mail again.

If still unable to open Mail, you'll want to make a test profile and add the Mail account and see if you can successfully open the app.

How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac

Use Mail on your Mac

Let me know if you are successful with any of these methods.

Cheers!

Nov 1, 2019 4:36 PM in response to farshad-A

i don't have a google account in internet accounts. the only 2 accounts under internet accounts is icloud and gamecenter. i do have a gmail, icloud, and comcast mail accounts all associated with the mail ap on my desktop. is there a way to get to the mail ap preferences without opening the ap. i had to add each one of these accounts in the beginning. why wouldn't you delete them though the ap in similar fashion.

How do I fix the problem of my mail crashing in Catalina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.