Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I load a backup from my iMac to a new iPad wirelessly

Posted on Oct 9, 2019 3:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 11, 2019 1:21 PM

Hi gwarby,

Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities! It's my understanding that you're looking for a way to restore from a backup wirelessly. I can provide you more information on this.

When it comes to restoring from a backup that was done in iTunes on your iMac (or Finder if you are using macOS Catalina), you would be required to connect your iPad via a USB Cable: Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support. The only wireless option available when it comes to backing up and restoring, is done through iCloud, as mentioned in the above article as well.

You are able to wirelessly sync with iTunes or Finder on your iMac via Wi-Fi: Sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod using your computer - Apple Support.

Thank you for your post.

Regards.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 11, 2019 1:21 PM in response to gwarby

Hi gwarby,

Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities! It's my understanding that you're looking for a way to restore from a backup wirelessly. I can provide you more information on this.

When it comes to restoring from a backup that was done in iTunes on your iMac (or Finder if you are using macOS Catalina), you would be required to connect your iPad via a USB Cable: Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support. The only wireless option available when it comes to backing up and restoring, is done through iCloud, as mentioned in the above article as well.

You are able to wirelessly sync with iTunes or Finder on your iMac via Wi-Fi: Sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod using your computer - Apple Support.

Thank you for your post.

Regards.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.