Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple watch prompt for id password

my watch is paired with my iPhone. I recently started receiving prompts on my phone to sign into apple. No idea why. I went online and changed the password then went ahead and signed in on the phone. All good. Now - 2 weeks later I am getting the same message on my watch - asking for apple id password - but the message is not appearing on my phone ( which is paired to the watch). The message can be canceled but it just re-appears. Should I go ahead and enter my apple id password on the watch ?

I did go ahead and activate 2 step verification as a security measure....

Apple Watch

Posted on Oct 9, 2019 6:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 9, 2019 9:53 AM

If asked, enter your Apple ID password. If you aren't asked, you can sign in later from the Apple Watch app: Tap General > Apple ID, then sign in. Certain features that require a cellular phone number won't work on cellular models of Apple Watch unless you sign in to iCloud.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 9, 2019 9:53 AM in response to davsew

If asked, enter your Apple ID password. If you aren't asked, you can sign in later from the Apple Watch app: Tap General > Apple ID, then sign in. Certain features that require a cellular phone number won't work on cellular models of Apple Watch unless you sign in to iCloud.

apple watch prompt for id password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.