Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Pencil gen 2 not pairing or charging since updated-version 13.1.2 !

My Apple Pencil 2nd gen is not showing up under my Bluetooth devices so I can’t pair! It’a been doing that since the update to ver 13.1.2! I’ve tried everything I know how and still it’s not charging or pairing! I have done unpairing and it won’t show up to pair again. I’ve done a hard reset, reset all setting, turning off iPad and waiting when turn back on, still nothing. This is all it shows after rest and it won’t allow me to do anything more!

iPhone XS

Posted on Oct 9, 2019 7:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 11, 2019 6:09 PM

Hi veera69,

Thank you for contacting Apple Support Communities. Based on what you stated, it seems like the iPad won't pair with the Apple Pencil. It looks like you have already done some troubleshooting to solve this issue. Even though there is a chance that you've tried these steps already, I would recommend you follow every step and let us know if the issue persists.

"If your Apple Pencil won't pair with your iPad

1. Make sure to center your Apple Pencil on the magnetic connector on the right edge of the iPad.
  2. Restart your iPad, then try to pair again.
  3. Go to Settings > Bluetooth and make sure that Bluetooth is turned on.
  4. On the same screen, look under My Devices for your Apple Pencil. If you see it, tap . Then tap Forget this Device.
  5. Connect your Apple Pencil in to your iPad and tap the Pair button when it appears after a few seconds. 
  6. If you don't see the Pair button, wait for one minute while your Apple Pencil charges. Then try connecting your Apple Pencil again and wait until you see the Pair button.
  7. If you still don’t see the Pair button, contact Apple Support."

Use Apple Pencil with your iPad or iPad Pro

Please don't hesitate to let us know if the steps resolved your issue or if you need additional assistance.

Cheers.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 11, 2019 6:09 PM in response to veera69

Hi veera69,

Thank you for contacting Apple Support Communities. Based on what you stated, it seems like the iPad won't pair with the Apple Pencil. It looks like you have already done some troubleshooting to solve this issue. Even though there is a chance that you've tried these steps already, I would recommend you follow every step and let us know if the issue persists.

"If your Apple Pencil won't pair with your iPad

1. Make sure to center your Apple Pencil on the magnetic connector on the right edge of the iPad.
  2. Restart your iPad, then try to pair again.
  3. Go to Settings > Bluetooth and make sure that Bluetooth is turned on.
  4. On the same screen, look under My Devices for your Apple Pencil. If you see it, tap . Then tap Forget this Device.
  5. Connect your Apple Pencil in to your iPad and tap the Pair button when it appears after a few seconds. 
  6. If you don't see the Pair button, wait for one minute while your Apple Pencil charges. Then try connecting your Apple Pencil again and wait until you see the Pair button.
  7. If you still don’t see the Pair button, contact Apple Support."

Use Apple Pencil with your iPad or iPad Pro

Please don't hesitate to let us know if the steps resolved your issue or if you need additional assistance.

Cheers.

Apple Pencil gen 2 not pairing or charging since updated-version 13.1.2 !

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.