Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i clicked “ok” on virus warning

I foolishly clicked “ok” on a virus warning. I did the “clear all history and website data” and switched my phone off and back on. Is it still possible that I got a virus? How can I check, if my phone is virus free?

Thank you for help!

iPhone XR

Posted on Oct 9, 2019 10:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 9, 2019 11:28 AM

In order to be caught on one of these many such scams, they include a link to a scam website that resembles Apple's. There, they ask to submit all kinds of personal information Apple would never ask for. Like your Social Security Number.

Either that, or a scammer's phone number to call for assistance with your "problem". They'll then attempt to fleece you out of as much money as you're willing to cough up to fix nothing. On top of that, they'll try very hard to get you to install remote access software. Then you're really in trouble since they may be downloading personal information right off your Mac or Windows computer.

The basic rule here is: There is no software of any kind anywhere in the world that can tell what's on your device through a web browser. Any and all web pages or pop-ups you see like this are 100% lies. You don't even need to think about it. Just close the dumb things.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 9, 2019 11:28 AM in response to kadri17

In order to be caught on one of these many such scams, they include a link to a scam website that resembles Apple's. There, they ask to submit all kinds of personal information Apple would never ask for. Like your Social Security Number.

Either that, or a scammer's phone number to call for assistance with your "problem". They'll then attempt to fleece you out of as much money as you're willing to cough up to fix nothing. On top of that, they'll try very hard to get you to install remote access software. Then you're really in trouble since they may be downloading personal information right off your Mac or Windows computer.

The basic rule here is: There is no software of any kind anywhere in the world that can tell what's on your device through a web browser. Any and all web pages or pop-ups you see like this are 100% lies. You don't even need to think about it. Just close the dumb things.

i clicked “ok” on virus warning

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.