Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Watch dark mode?

How do I control the new dark mode on my Apple Watch?

Apple Watch

Posted on Oct 10, 2019 6:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 14, 2019 8:03 PM

My problem was that my watch face changed to a black background with the last watch software update similar to my experience with black dark mode display backgrounds with recent updates to my phone and iMac. Once I figured out the watch face settings were changed with the update, I changed them back. Another problem with my watch faces after the update is that the two faces I have with my photos in the background lost their scaling.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 14, 2019 8:03 PM in response to joefly711

My problem was that my watch face changed to a black background with the last watch software update similar to my experience with black dark mode display backgrounds with recent updates to my phone and iMac. Once I figured out the watch face settings were changed with the update, I changed them back. Another problem with my watch faces after the update is that the two faces I have with my photos in the background lost their scaling.

Oct 14, 2019 11:45 AM in response to joefly711

Hey there joefly711,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. It looks like you have a question about Dark Mode on your Apple Watch. I’ll be happy to help with this.

Dark Mode is not available on the Apple Watch. This feature is available on compatible iOS and Mac devices. If you want to adjust the brightness of your Apple Watch, you can do this using the steps from this link:

Adjust brightness, text size, sounds, and haptics on Apple Watch

Cheers 

Oct 15, 2019 11:12 AM in response to joefly711

It sounds like you were able to resolve the issue with the dark background. For the issue with the photos, have you tried removing them from your Apple Watch and then adding back? If not, remove the photos and restart your Apple Watch and iPhone using these steps:

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

How to restart your Apple Watch

Add the photos back to your Apple Watch after the restart is complete and see if they look as expected. If you still have concerns or questions about this issue after taking the above steps, you can to reach out to Apple Support using the following link to continue to look into this with you:

Contact Apple Support 

Take care.

Watch dark mode?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.