Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

clean install of catalina - disk utility question

I did a clean install of Catalina, appears that it is working OK but when I look at disk utility this is what it shows....link attached. Wondering is APFS correct? and then there is 2 MCINTOSH HD - Data listed.

I can reinstall if I did something wrong before I proceed further.

Thanks

Posted on Oct 10, 2019 12:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 15, 2019 7:27 AM

Hello, harlan-lucia.

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

From what I've read on your post is that you're concerned about seeing 2 MACINTOSH HDs in Disk Utility. I'd like to provide some information for you that may put your mind at ease. This may be expected, as "macOS Catalina runs on a dedicated, read-only system volume called Macintosh HD" About the read-only system volume in macOS Catalina

Cheers!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 15, 2019 7:27 AM in response to harlan-lucia

Hello, harlan-lucia.

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

From what I've read on your post is that you're concerned about seeing 2 MACINTOSH HDs in Disk Utility. I'd like to provide some information for you that may put your mind at ease. This may be expected, as "macOS Catalina runs on a dedicated, read-only system volume called Macintosh HD" About the read-only system volume in macOS Catalina

Cheers!

clean install of catalina - disk utility question

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.