Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unrecoverable Error

Security Agent was unable to create requested mechanism TeamViewerAuthPlugin:start. Error. I updated my system to catalina OS and then removed teamviewer and when I start my Mac it’s giving me this error. Please help me in laymen’s term. Thank you.

MacBook Air

Posted on Oct 10, 2019 1:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 13, 2020 4:26 PM

Re: Can't Boot after uninstalling Teamviewer on Mac OS Catalina

This issue can be caused by deleting an authorization plugin on macOS (in this case, TeamViewerAuthPlugin.bundle) without de-registering it first.

We recommend always using the built-in uninstaller in TeamViewer (Preferences > Advanced). This makes sure that the plugin is properly de-registered before deletion.

In my tests, CleanMyMac X versions prior to 4.4.5 seem to be deleting the plugin without de-registering it, so that could have caused the issue. If you use CleanMyMac X, you'll want to make sure to use the newest version.

If you do not have the possibility to restore the plugin as described by @Mrsharifi, you may instead be able to delete your Mac's authorization database. Your Mac re-creates a missing database during the next startup (using some default settings that are fine for most users).

1. Start your Mac in macOS Recovery by holding down Cmd-R until the Apple logo appears.
  2. Once your Mac has booted into macOS Recovery, you should see a window titled "macOS Utilities".
  3. To delete the authorization database, your Mac's hard disk needs to be mounted and you will need to know its name (usually something like "Macintosh HD" or "macOS").
    1. Open Disk Utility and check the left sidebar for the name of your disk. For Macs running Catalina, look for the name that does notend in "- Data".
    2. Select the disk in the sidebar.
    3. Click "Mount" in the toolbar (if you only see "Unmount", it is already mounted and you don't need to do anything).
    4. Quit Disk Utility.
  4. You should be back at the "macOS Utilities" window.
  5. From the menu bar on top of the screen, open Utilities > Terminal.
  6. Enter the command
rm "/Volumes/<your disk>/var/db/auth.db"
  1. Replace <your disk> with the name of your built-in hard disk, e.g.
rm "/Volumes/Macintosh HD/var/db/auth.db"
  1. Make sure not to forget the quotes in case your disk name contains spaces.
  2. Restart your Mac.

43 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 13, 2020 4:26 PM in response to sheelendra

Re: Can't Boot after uninstalling Teamviewer on Mac OS Catalina

This issue can be caused by deleting an authorization plugin on macOS (in this case, TeamViewerAuthPlugin.bundle) without de-registering it first.

We recommend always using the built-in uninstaller in TeamViewer (Preferences > Advanced). This makes sure that the plugin is properly de-registered before deletion.

In my tests, CleanMyMac X versions prior to 4.4.5 seem to be deleting the plugin without de-registering it, so that could have caused the issue. If you use CleanMyMac X, you'll want to make sure to use the newest version.

If you do not have the possibility to restore the plugin as described by @Mrsharifi, you may instead be able to delete your Mac's authorization database. Your Mac re-creates a missing database during the next startup (using some default settings that are fine for most users).

1. Start your Mac in macOS Recovery by holding down Cmd-R until the Apple logo appears.
  2. Once your Mac has booted into macOS Recovery, you should see a window titled "macOS Utilities".
  3. To delete the authorization database, your Mac's hard disk needs to be mounted and you will need to know its name (usually something like "Macintosh HD" or "macOS").
    1. Open Disk Utility and check the left sidebar for the name of your disk. For Macs running Catalina, look for the name that does notend in "- Data".
    2. Select the disk in the sidebar.
    3. Click "Mount" in the toolbar (if you only see "Unmount", it is already mounted and you don't need to do anything).
    4. Quit Disk Utility.
  4. You should be back at the "macOS Utilities" window.
  5. From the menu bar on top of the screen, open Utilities > Terminal.
  6. Enter the command
rm "/Volumes/<your disk>/var/db/auth.db"
  1. Replace <your disk> with the name of your built-in hard disk, e.g.
rm "/Volumes/Macintosh HD/var/db/auth.db"
  1. Make sure not to forget the quotes in case your disk name contains spaces.
  2. Restart your Mac.

Oct 15, 2019 8:18 AM in response to sheelendra

Hi there, sheelendra.

I see that you're having a problem with TeamViewer after upgrading your Mac to macOS Catalina, and I'm glad to help.

If an app won't run or install on your Mac after you upgrade macOS -- This article provides the information and steps that you need when an application isn't working after upgrading your Mac.

TeamViewer is preparing for macOS Catalina -- Also, refer to this information from TeamViewer developers. Search for the reply which includes "Until TeamViewer 14.7 will go live officially" which provides steps to use the current version TeamViewer as usual until TeamViewer 14.7 is available on October 22nd.

Take care.

May 14, 2020 8:59 AM in response to sheelendra

sheelendra wrote:

Security Agent was unable to create requested mechanism TeamViewerAuthPlugin:start. Error. I updated my system to catalina OS and then removed teamviewer and when I start my Mac it’s giving me this error. Please help me in laymen’s term. Thank you.
https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/a6ccc534-51ef-405e-9832-ce5885cc4138

Verify your third party software is up to date: https://www.teamviewer.com/en-us/?category.id=en

Nov 3, 2019 10:48 AM in response to Hamberg29

Take a look at this post and it has a link to download the missing file. I used it with my other windows laptop and formatted that USB drive in FAT32 and used the USB drive in restore mode and fixed mine

https://www.macobserver.com/community/mac-questions/no-booting-10-15-beta-1/

https://m.box.com/shared_item/https%3A%2F%2Fapp.box.com%2Fs%2Fomrqigvzr9hao5icejuo73nxajmg5pbb

Nov 12, 2019 9:09 PM in response to sheelendra

You just need to reinstall Teamviewer from Recovery Mode

1-Download Teamviewer .dmg file from Teamviewer site to a usb https://www.teamviewer.com/en/download/mac-os/

2-start computer in recovery mode (Command+R)

3-plug your usb

4- go Terminal from Utility

5-install Teamviewer .dmg file using:

installer -package /Volumes/<your usb name>/TeamViewer.dmg -target /Volumes/<your main hdd>

Example:

installer -package /Volumes/sandisk/TeamViewer.dmg -target /Volumes/Macintosh\ HD

Jan 19, 2020 8:38 AM in response to Mari Tere

Basically you need to copy that one file ( connect an external usb drive ) and then copy that file in appropriate place using terminal in recovery mode and your issue will be resolved. I did in the same way. There’s a link somewhere in this thread ( google it as well ) to the missing file.

Found the link - https://www.easymacsupport.com/blog/cant-boot-after-uninstalling-teamviewer-on-mac-os-catalina

Feb 19, 2020 6:39 AM in response to mrsharifi

Yes, thank you @mrsharifi, I had the unrecoverable error and I thought I was doomed. But thanks to your detailed instructions in Hex, I was able to save my precious Mac. I used SOLUTION 1 and I was really surprised how excellently it worked. However, I had problems when I typed: rm "/Volumes/Macintosh HD/var/db/auth.db" in Terminal. It just kept saying: No such file or directory after 2 hours. Eventually, I was completely exhausted, so I tried restarting the laptop (wish me luck). And unbelieveable, IT WORKED. the laptop was on and no such unrecoverable thing!!!!! And I had to say I hadn't succeeded in typing: rm "/Volumes/Macintosh HD/var/db/auth.db" yet.

After I turned on my Mac, I used it for 3 hours, I didn't dare to turn it off yet =)))) So I downloaded and copied Teamviewer to my USB, in case it collapsed again. But thankfully, after restarting, my Mac worked perfectly normal. Thankssss @mrsharifi. You saved my life. Because I received my Mac from my uncle in Germany as a graduation gift, so if there are any problems with it, I will have to send it to Germany (cuz in Vietnam, there is a high chance they will disassemble the components and sell for money).

Lastly, I just wanna say THANK YOU VERY MUCH. YOU ARE MY SAVIOR!!!

Wish you all the best @mrsharifi

May 14, 2020 8:54 AM in response to sheelendra

I got something that really works!!!

- Enter recovery mode (command+R while booting macOS)

- Open disk utility

- Select your disk (probably Macintosh HD), then click Mount. May ask your user password.

- Close Disk Utility

- Click Utilities on Apple Menu, then Open Terminal

- Enter Thais command into terminal: rm "Volumes/Macintosh HD/var/db/auth.db"

- Restart your computer

P.S.: Check If the name of your disk os Macintosh HD. If it's not, then change The terminal command according your disk's real name.

Ex: rm "/Volumes/disk name/var/db/auth.db

Unrecoverable Error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.