Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ios mail suggestions

Hi, I used to have suggestions on where to move an email on iOS which I found very useful. Since ios 13 when I choose ‘move’ simply shows all folders with no suggestion where to move at all.

any idea ?

thx

Alex

iPhone X

Posted on Oct 10, 2019 2:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 15, 2019 8:36 AM

I just discovered that if you long press an email and select Move then the suggestion is there! This works also if you hit reply. Of course, this does not apply to multiple emails to be moved all at once as was possible before ios13.

3 replies

Oct 15, 2019 8:01 AM in response to alex178ita

I need to find the answer to this too. I have a LOT of email folders. Filing my numerous emails in them used to be a breeze. I’d run through my inbox and based on the previews I’d delete all the obvious emails I didn’t want to keep. ( can’t do this any more because my email previews now only show up AFTER I’ve opened them - so they are now more Post-views than previews)

and then I’d quickly multi select some of the regular ones, follow t suggested folder and file them. Really fast. Now I have to open all of them and read them to see if I might want to file them to read later (!). Then I have to scroll through my long list of folders to file every email that I want to save.

And not only that, but the actual list is now laggy and as I try to scroll up and down my inbox to multi select, it selects whatever I’m touching to push the scrolling along, so I now also have to scroll much more slowly so I don’t inadvertently select the wrong emails. It now takes me an age. I’m so frustrated!

Oct 15, 2019 3:49 PM in response to alex178ita

Thanks alex178ita, that is somewhat better than scrolling down a long folder list for every email, but I use an iPhone SE and the full menu doesn’t fit on my screen, so I have to scroll down a bit to select ‘move’ and then get the suggestion, so it still requires multiple gestures to be done for single emails rather than just multi selecting a few emails and then two clicks and they were filed. But thank you for this because it is better than the long scroll and running the risk of inadvertently selecting and misfiring a wrong email due to the new laggy scrolling.

ios mail suggestions

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.