Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Gray spot on my screen after using google maps.

Hi,

I use google maps on my iPhone X often because of my work. I found out some area of my screen got grey, which was the google map lower barrier and search, sound, and compass circle stayed gray on my screen. Does anyone know how can I fix this problem? This is an example of a picture.

iPhone X

Posted on Oct 10, 2019 7:03 PM

2 replies

Oct 10, 2019 7:21 PM in response to Selamona

That's possibly screen burn in. Burn-in refers to permanent image retention, usually caused by leaving a static image on the screen for a long period of time. The simplest option to try to eliminate this is to turn your phone off for a few days and it's possible it will go away or decrease. You should avoid displaying a static image for an extended period of time. You should also reduce brightness if your phone's screen is set to maximum.

This is common with OLED displays from TV's to smart phones.

Gray spot on my screen after using google maps.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.