Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airport Utility "Not Installed" and no Wifi interface showing up

Airport Utility shows as "Not Installed" under Wifi in System Information on my MacBook Pro.

Happened after installing macOS Catalina.

Wifi also no longer shows up as an interface in my Network Preferences.

Wireless Diagnostics doesn't seem to work either, it opens for a fraction of a second before closing itself.

I've already tried reseting PRAM and SMC

Reinstalled Catalina with no resolve

Mac Pro

Posted on Oct 11, 2019 1:54 AM

Similar questions

6 replies

Oct 15, 2019 2:53 PM in response to MaureeeceHugo

Hello MaureeeceHugo,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities! I understand from the information you provided that your Mac doesn't recognize that you have any network hardware ; I'd like to help.

You have done a lot of good troubleshooting. Let's have you try bootinf up your Mac in safe mode to see if that makes a difference. Here's a resource that could help:

Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac

Keep us posted with the results.

Best Regards.

Oct 15, 2019 4:10 PM in response to MoonJ.

Hey MoonJ, thanks for your reply.

I just ended up taking the Mac to a IT store. They booted it up with their own custom startup drive and turns out the somehow the WiFi is there and working fine.

So they just decided to try reinstalling Catalina again to see if that fixes it. I left there overnight and am going to pick it today.

Again thanks for your reply. Have a great day!

Nov 6, 2019 7:32 AM in response to MaureeeceHugo

I'd just like to chip in here, but it probably won't help!

I think apple have stopped supporting Airport and that may have something to do with your issues. Worth checking.

I swapped out my Airports last year and upgraded to a Mesh system (there are plenty, I bought the Deco M9) and haven't looked back.... it is way better than Airport and I've had far fewer internet/wifi issues.

Good luck!

Airport Utility "Not Installed" and no Wifi interface showing up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.