Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New Apple Watch - During Pairing stuck on Apple Watch Basics

Hello,

i bought new Apple Watch Series 5 Nike. When I start pairing with my iPhone XS, on iPhone the installing (white lines) continues but Apple Watch is stuck on screen "Apple Watch Basics" and after a few minutes show me that the connection betweeen iPhone and Apple Watch don't work and I have option to unpair or try again.. Nothing works

Thanks a lot for help!

Apple Watch

Posted on Oct 11, 2019 3:27 AM

3 replies

Oct 15, 2019 3:42 PM in response to PavelK96

Good afternoon PavelK96,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

Congratulations on the purchase of your Apple Watch Series 5 Nike edition. I understand you are having an issue setting up your Apple Watch with your iPhone XS. If you have not done so already, please update your iPhone to iOS 12.3.1 and restart it.

Then erase, unpair, and set up your Apple Watch again.

The resources below will help you with this:

How to restart your Apple Watch

Unpair and erase your Apple Watch

Set up and pair Apple Watch with iPhone

Update your Apple Watch

Take care.

Oct 20, 2019 12:44 AM in response to MoonJ.

Hello, thanks for answer, but it didn't help. :(

I tried pair new Apple Watch with some another iPhone (Xr) and it works properly. So it is some problem with pairing between my iPhone and AW. Can I ask for some advice what i should try?

To be more specific I insert photos below with my problem (My Apple Watch is stuck but on iPhone the pairing is continue and after finish show my that pairing was successful, but AW still stuck)..

thanks!

New Apple Watch - During Pairing stuck on Apple Watch Basics

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.