Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone is not showing in the Mac. (inc. Catalina)

Since I upgraded my iPhone to iOS 13 I've been unable to connect it to my iMac.

I mean, I can plug it in and charge the battery... but the phone is not available in iTunes nor Photos.

I waited for Catalina to see if it solved the problem, but no, the problem still remains: iPhone won't show in any apps, nor in the sidebar of a finder window.

I've done a lot of research and troubleshooting, I changed the finders preferences to enable sidebar to show iOS devices, restore iPhone, delete finder's preferences, etc... Nothing seems to solve it.

Thanks for any new ideas.

iPhone XR

Posted on Oct 11, 2019 6:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 12, 2019 7:51 AM

Miracle fix!!!!

This is how:

In the iPhone I went to Settings > General > About and took a screenshot to provide Apple Support with sone info they requested. Suddenly... iPhone then asked me if I want to trust this computer!

And that was it!

My iPhone is now showing in the sidebar. :)

Thanks.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 12, 2019 7:51 AM in response to Ro33y

Miracle fix!!!!

This is how:

In the iPhone I went to Settings > General > About and took a screenshot to provide Apple Support with sone info they requested. Suddenly... iPhone then asked me if I want to trust this computer!

And that was it!

My iPhone is now showing in the sidebar. :)

Thanks.

My iPhone is not showing in the Mac. (inc. Catalina)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.