Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bad partial notes sync in icloud

Hi, my iCloud notes syncing is a complete mess. For 1,5 year now

Crashes in notes app in Mojave, crashes in webapp. Partial sync for iOS to iOS device (up-to-date)

I have always been up-to-date with all computers and devices until just recently with the update to Catalina. So that has nothing to do with it. Same goes for several clean installs I have done on multiple machines and devices that are connected to my Apple ID.

notes don’t sync, or are updated while others aren’t deleted where on another device they are. is there a way to reset notes?

login off from iCloud on all device is to no avail.

so I have moved back to evernote.

anyone please help!!

I need this fixed. It is crazy! contacts and agendas sync perfectly and the notes don’t

MacBook Air

Posted on Oct 11, 2019 7:47 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Nov 24, 2019 10:34 AM in response to jan brouwer

I have the same problem. And its persisted for 18 months - since I started using notes again after it was finally upgraded after years of neglect. I also have all Apple latest products and OS upgrades.

I agree, it's breathtaking that Apple has such incomprehensibly poor and buggy experience with such a simple (yet critical) function as syncing notes across all apple devices. It is entirely unreliable. I use Apple Notes only on ios in emergencies when I need to take a note super fast. I then later transfer that note to a reliable platform such as evernote where I can trust it won't get lost.

The truth is Apple is amazing at hardware design, it's OS and pioneered bringing the eco system together but it's always been weak on the ancillary software side. You just can't trust Apple to do that (reminds of the multiple calendar failures of the past that occasionally flare up as it did in recently months when I had to call Apple for 30 mins to resolve).

Love Apple, but it's in Apples DNA to screw up on things like this and you have to know that. It also teaches you to understand (and value) when a company like evernote dominates for so long. Because they get it right and should be loyal to them for their incredible service. I use evernote but am otherwise not affiliated.

Apple please keep trying to get it right. And please tell the world you know Apple Notes has these issues (and that you're trying to fix it?) for the millions that are let down but can;t be bothered to tell you or post about it.

Bad partial notes sync in icloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.