Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I prevent Safari opening in my email when I tap a link embedded in an email?

In iPad OS, how do I prevent opening a safari window within my email app when I tap on a link embedded in an email?

iPad (6th gen) WiFi

Posted on Oct 11, 2019 9:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 11, 2019 11:31 AM

Hello,

With Safari open bring up the Dock and tap the Safari icon. This will display all of your open Safari windows in Explosé. Swipe up on the Safari window that is displaying in the narrow shape of a floating window. Now when you open a link from Mail it will open in a full screen Safari window.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 11, 2019 11:31 AM in response to DKHO74

Hello,

With Safari open bring up the Dock and tap the Safari icon. This will display all of your open Safari windows in Explosé. Swipe up on the Safari window that is displaying in the narrow shape of a floating window. Now when you open a link from Mail it will open in a full screen Safari window.

How do I prevent Safari opening in my email when I tap a link embedded in an email?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.