Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Catalina install stuck

can anyone please analyse this a tell me if I am stuck on Catalina installation?

imac 2017

Posted on Oct 11, 2019 12:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 16, 2019 11:29 AM

Hello joaobc,

Thanks for that info and for choosing the Apple Support Communities. If I understand correctly, you are unable to finish your install of macOS Catalina. First, see if you can get to macOS recovery mode and try repairing the disk that macOS Catalina would be installed on

Disk Utility for Mac: Repair a disk using Disk Utility

Next, see if you can use safe mode to start up your Mac as it does the following things:

• Verifies your startup disk and attempts to repair directory issues, if needed
  • Loads only required kernel extensions
  • Prevents Startup Items and Login Items from opening automatically
  • Disables user-installed fonts
  • Deletes font caches, kernel cache, and other system cache files

Log in to your user account and try removing the existing installer from the Applications folder, then download and install macOS Catalina again while in safe mode.

Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac

Graphics performance limited in macOS Recovery, safe mode, or Guest User mode

Cheers!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 16, 2019 11:29 AM in response to joaobc

Hello joaobc,

Thanks for that info and for choosing the Apple Support Communities. If I understand correctly, you are unable to finish your install of macOS Catalina. First, see if you can get to macOS recovery mode and try repairing the disk that macOS Catalina would be installed on

Disk Utility for Mac: Repair a disk using Disk Utility

Next, see if you can use safe mode to start up your Mac as it does the following things:

• Verifies your startup disk and attempts to repair directory issues, if needed
  • Loads only required kernel extensions
  • Prevents Startup Items and Login Items from opening automatically
  • Disables user-installed fonts
  • Deletes font caches, kernel cache, and other system cache files

Log in to your user account and try removing the existing installer from the Applications folder, then download and install macOS Catalina again while in safe mode.

Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac

Graphics performance limited in macOS Recovery, safe mode, or Guest User mode

Cheers!

Catalina install stuck

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.