Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wired keyboard does not work after startup or restart; must unplug and replug to make it work.

After installing Catalina, my wired Apple keyboard does not work after startup or restart until I unplug and replug to USB. Then it works normally.

How can I correct ?

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Oct 11, 2019 3:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 12, 2019 2:48 AM

Problem solved. I was something to do with my Logitech mouse, the related software, or the wireless transmitter. When I removed the Logitech transmitter my problem went away. It was causing some other strange behaviors as well.

10 replies

Oct 11, 2019 5:41 PM in response to dialabrain

Thanks for responding.

Apple wired USB full size keyboard with keypad. Came with iMac in 2015. Worked perfectly until upgrade to Catalina. Tested on wife's iMac and works fine. Her identical keyboard has the same problem on my iMac. So it's not the keyboard, it's something about the software on my iMac. Once I unplug and reconnect, keyboard works fine.

Wired keyboard does not work after startup or restart; must unplug and replug to make it work.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.