Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes computer app

I am using a Windows 10 Pro desktop computer. When I open iTunes, I can no longer see the sidebar down the left side of the screen that shows my playlists. I can drag the sidebar open but it won't stay open. I don't see any View options for the sidebar.

Posted on Oct 11, 2019 7:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 14, 2019 1:44 PM

Ah you're running an outdated version that won't update itself properly. See Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates - Apple Community for general advice. There are links to the most recent builds at the bottom of the page.

tt2

8 replies

Oct 14, 2019 12:55 PM in response to jpmcc9

Call me confused (or anything else polite), but that looks like Mac version of iTunes to me.

The Windows 7 & and the Windows 10 versions both look like this (and both have the Show/Hide Sidebar option about half way down the menu):

The screenshot above is from my Windows 7 machine this evening, running iTunes 12.10.1.4, but my Windows 10 laptop, which I've just checked (and I mean just checked) is exactly the same.

Note the differences between our screenshots, not just on the View menu, but the top bar menu is different too:

• Yours: File / Edit / View / Controls / Store / Help
  • Mine: File / Edit / Song / View / Controls / Account / Help

In addition, I don't recall an option to Hide Menu Bar, as shown in your View Menu and CTRL+B does nothing in my iTunes. CTRL+1, CTRL+2 and CTRL+3 do work as shortcuts, but they are not displayed on that menu, or anywhere else that I can find. But my biggest clue is the icon in the top left corner of your iTunes:

tt2, is it me? Am I cracking up?

Oh! One more thing - I've just noticed, if I do hide the Sidebar, the Library "button" at the top of the iTunes window (oops!)* gets a drop-down arrow added to it:

Which, when clicked on, shows this:

* Post edited to remove an erroneous statement there, in order to prevent confusion.

iTunes computer app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.