Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Create new apple account

My wife and I share the same email address. She has a new iPhone and when we enter our email address it does not allow to create a new email address, so when I entered my password it proceeded to download all my iPhone data to her new phone. How can we create a new account with the same address or must we have a separate email address, and how do I remove my contacts and photos from her phone. ?

iPhone XS

Posted on Oct 12, 2019 8:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 12, 2019 9:44 AM

You need a different email address to make a second, new Apple ID. Follow the steps in the article below to remove your data and make it 'her' phone.

Selling/Giving Away Device

Apple ID - create a new

Apple ID – Create

Also consider setting up Family Sharing to be able to share previous purchases.

Family Sharing

Family Sharing - Set up

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 12, 2019 9:44 AM in response to noonoo44

You need a different email address to make a second, new Apple ID. Follow the steps in the article below to remove your data and make it 'her' phone.

Selling/Giving Away Device

Apple ID - create a new

Apple ID – Create

Also consider setting up Family Sharing to be able to share previous purchases.

Family Sharing

Family Sharing - Set up

Oct 12, 2019 2:37 PM in response to Eric Root

Thank you so much. I followed your instructions and resolved my problem.

Another question: I am having a problem with the new phone notifying that there is an incoming call or text. This also applies to Facetime and WhatsApp. The screen lights up and the vibrator works but no sound. I have checked and found the sound on and volume up, but cannot hear anything.

Brent

Create new apple account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.