Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Turn off delay permanently

How do I permanently turn off the photo delay?

iPhone 11

Posted on Oct 12, 2019 5:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 17, 2019 5:41 PM

Funny, if I turn it off manually the picture comes out just fine. So that theory doesn’t work.

All I’m saying is that I would like it to be an option to turn off without having to reset it each time. I thought it was some kind of delay. My bad. I didn’t know it was night mode.

8 replies

Oct 17, 2019 1:46 PM in response to Meems9110

Hi Meems9110,

It sounds like you're having trouble with your camera, and I want to help.

What do you mean by the photo delay? Is there a countdown on your iPhone when you're taking a photo?

If you're seeing a timer, you may have timer enabled for the camera, and you would want to turn that off:

Take and edit photos with your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

You'll see the an icon like this on the Camera app screen:

Tap the timer icon, and set that to off.

Let me know if that helps.

Tell me more about what's happening and I'll try to help.

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

Oct 17, 2019 2:11 PM in response to Meems9110

See this Apple support article-->iPhone 11 and iPhone 11 Pro camera features - Apple Support specifically the section on Night Mode. When the light level is too low to take a "good" photo the camera takes a longer exposure. If it didn't you wouldn't see anything at all in the photo. The simplest solution is to take photos when the light level is higher so Night Mode is not needed.

Oct 17, 2019 2:03 PM in response to Leanne_68

I usually have some kind of 2s delay but in the attached photo it shows 1s. I can’t find any way to turn this off except manually (at bottom of screen, red circle) with each and every photo I take. I’ve gone to settings and there is absolutely nothing with this. I have it set to remember previous settings but it doesn’t matter with this particular item.

Turn off delay permanently

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.