Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple watch update 6.0.1 — Not Showing

Hi,

I got a new apple watch series 5 yesterday. It is not showing update for watchos 6.0.1.

it says apple watch is up to date

any solution?

Apple Watch

Posted on Oct 12, 2019 9:46 PM

4 replies

Oct 13, 2019 6:26 AM in response to samit24

Assuming your iPhone has the latest iOS 13.1.2 update, then it sounds like Apple has a software update bug, introduced when they allowed the iPhone 6 to update the Apple Watch Series 4 to 5.3.2

Ever since then updates and upgrades have been messed up.

You can try using the Contact Support link at the top of this page, or going into an Apple Store. But based on forum feedback, the support people at the pointy end of the stick have been blinded sided as well.

Oct 13, 2019 7:42 AM in response to BobHarris

Mine HAD the update. I updated my watch to the iOS 6 and before that, ZERO issues. Updated to that and my watch won’t turn on when I push it, I have to keep turning my wrist and pressing and then it does. The battery is acting off. I’d been reluctant to updating again bc of this, just making sure. Then this morning I picked up my watch and it wouldn’t turn the screen on again, finally let me unlock it and it had some weird tiny watch icon on it with dots spinning around, then the apple logo appeared and was stuck for a good 5 min so I force restarted it didn’t work, did it again...finally came on with my normal screen. I went to update it and the little 1 that was on the app on my phone disappeared and now it says my iOS 6 is up to date, although there is a 6.0.1 update somewhere out there.

I’m livid. I want my watch fixed bc I use it and my battery is draining. Yesterday I barely touched it and it went from 100% to dead by the time I went to bed and on a day I use it for workouts and such, I put it on the charger with 50% or close to. I’m sick of it not turning on when I push it..it’s just annoying to deal with when you utilize it.

Anyone know if they are aware and at least working to fix the update no longer showing? Being aware will at least make me feel better so this will hopefully fix itself soon..

Oct 13, 2019 7:55 AM in response to Jlangstons

Jlangstons wrote:

Mine HAD the update. I updated my watch to the iOS 6 and before that, ZERO issues. Updated to that and my watch won’t turn on when I push it, I have to keep turning my wrist and pressing and then it does. The battery is acting off. I’d been reluctant to updating again bc of this, just making sure. Then this morning I picked up my watch and it wouldn’t turn the screen on again, finally let me unlock it and it had some weird tiny watch icon on it with dots spinning around, then the apple logo appeared and was stuck for a good 5 min so I force restarted it didn’t work, did it again...finally came on with my normal screen. I went to update it and the little 1 that was on the app on my phone disappeared and now it says my iOS 6 is up to date, although there is a 6.0.1 update somewhere out there.

I’m livid. I want my watch fixed bc I use it and my battery is draining. Yesterday I barely touched it and it went from 100% to dead by the time I went to bed and on a day I use it for workouts and such, I put it on the charger with 50% or close to. I’m sick of it not turning on when I push it..it’s just annoying to deal with when you utilize it.

Anyone know if they are aware and at least working to fix the update no longer showing? Being aware will at least make me feel better so this will hopefully fix itself soon..

There have been a lot of similar reports in the Apple Watch forums. A few individuals have used the Contact Support link at the top of this page, and the people at the pointy end of the support stick have been blind-sided by this. A few users pushed for escalation and engineering support tickets have been raised.

But if you really want to light a fire, I suggest you contact support and get them to escalate this issue as well. The more visible the problem is to engineering and management, the more resources put on the problem, both finding the root cause, and moving the fix though channels until it reaches the field, with any extra testing needed to make sure it works for all makes and models affected.

Just one or 2 complaints is not the same as hundreds or thousands.

Apple watch update 6.0.1 — Not Showing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.