Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't figure out to search

I just updated all my ipads and iphones to 13.1.2. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to search for an app on my device. This says to just swipe down from the top middle of the screen: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201285

When I do that, I get the notifications screen with no search bar or search capability. If I swipe right from the home screen, I get that annoying new chunk of reminders and tips.

How the heck do I search for an app?!

​[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Oct 13, 2019 5:08 AM

4 replies

Oct 13, 2019 6:43 AM in response to Rudegar

Respectfully, this is not what I'm seeing. I have three ipads. Two just updated from 12.4.1 to 13.1.2, the other still has 12.4.1. With the 12.4.1 ipad, I swipe from left to right on the home screen and get, among other things, a search bar. I can type in the name of an app, Google, and see all apps that match that along with some other recommendations. On the two that just updated, if I swipe from left to right I get the new "Today" view...which I find not useful. If I do as you suggest, I get a notifications area but it does NOT have a search bar. This is the behavior on both ipads that were updated to 13.1.2.

I've tried several restarts; nothing.

I completely disabled all Siri settings, restarted, nothing.

Seems like a bug, and rather obvious one for testers to have found.

I can't figure out to search

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.