Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to use ipod model ma099ll

I have an old ipod that I would like to use again. It was my daughter's long ago and I haven't used it in about 9 years. I forget how to use the menu buttons. Can someone please help me?

iPod Touch

Posted on Oct 13, 2019 12:59 PM

1 reply

Oct 14, 2019 11:52 AM in response to donna_mela56

Apple (along with most other manufacturers) loves to make it far more complicated than it needs to be when it comes to identifying models. I think that may be a 1st generation iPod nano, which is shown below:

Some other versions of the nano are similar in looks, but have a look on this Apple page to see if you can confirm which model you have, using a combination of the picture of each device and a description of memory size etc.; Identify your iPod model - Apple Support.

The controls should be mostly intuitive. If your iPod looks like the one shown above, there are the following options, which work (as far as I recall) as noted:

• Menu - press it to go back to the previous menu. Long press to return to the main menu
  • Use your thumb to rotate round the wheel. This will scroll through menu lists
  • Press the Select (centre) button to go into a menu
  • Once you see the song you wish to play, use the Select button to start it

While a song is playing:

• Menu - press it to go back to the previous menu. Long press to return to the main menu
  • Reverse arrow - press to go to the start of the current playing song. Long press to go back to previous tracks in that menu
  • Forward arrow - press to go to the next track. Long press to keep moving forward to additional tracks
  • Play/pause - to start or pause the song

How are you getting on?

how to use ipod model ma099ll

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.