Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari does not ask notification preferences.

I'm using macOS Catalina (10.15) and I had logged in iCloud.

1. Safari > Preferences > Website > Notifications - is empty (This is important.)
  2. System Preferences > Notifications > Safari - is enabled to receive notifications (badge, sound, banner)
  3. I did not install any kind of extensions for Safari.
  4. 9to5Mac, MacRumors, YouTube and etc. all of websites which I had known and asked notification previously don't ask notification preferences anymore.
  5. I cleared all history in Safari.

I think this is clearly Safari's problem. Is there a way to solve this problem immediately?

Please read this carefully and please answer correctly.

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Oct 13, 2019 8:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 14, 2019 6:46 PM

I went to MacRumors and on their Front Page, found an option to subscribe to push notifications as shown in the screen shot below. Have you checked the web sites for a similar subscribe option?

7 replies

Oct 14, 2019 7:32 PM in response to Eric Root

Facebook Support Center described "How do I turn on Facebook push notifications through Google Chrome or Firefox?"

Okay, It looks Facebook does not support the feature for Safari.

https://www.facebook.com/help/530847210446227/?helpref=hc_fnav

Thank you for trying to find the solution.

I guess the only way is trying to send a feature suggestion to Facebook and YouTube constantly :))))

Safari does not ask notification preferences.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.