Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2019 Mail Merge for Pages

Is there an easy way to create mail merge documents in Pages and email them out?

I have created a document as an invitation in pages and would like to mail merge it to send to many different recipients...

Previous searches result in responses from years ago which no longer seem to apply

Thanks

Posted on Oct 14, 2019 4:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 14, 2019 5:05 AM

It is always a good idea to share what specific version of macOS you are using (menu : About This Mac), and of Pages (Pages : About Pages) so we do not have to waste energy guessing to formulate the best answer. You should have also reviewed the menu structure, and the Help panel to arrive at the conclusion that other than Pages '09 v4.3, there is no built-in Mail Merge in subsequent releases of Pages, including v8.2. Six years without Mail merge. One could infer a message from Apple in that lapse.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 14, 2019 5:05 AM in response to dross18

It is always a good idea to share what specific version of macOS you are using (menu : About This Mac), and of Pages (Pages : About Pages) so we do not have to waste energy guessing to formulate the best answer. You should have also reviewed the menu structure, and the Help panel to arrive at the conclusion that other than Pages '09 v4.3, there is no built-in Mail Merge in subsequent releases of Pages, including v8.2. Six years without Mail merge. One could infer a message from Apple in that lapse.

Oct 14, 2019 6:12 AM in response to dross18

To further my post, and the hosting software timed me out…

Several years ago, an Apple employee wrote a free, custom application that would allow Pages v5.5 to perform Mail/Contact merge. Last year, he upgraded it, and I tested it as recently as Pages v8.1 on Mojave. He has not posted any warnings on his site about using it with Pages v8.2 on Mojave or Catalina, so either he has stopped supporting it, or hasn't tested it with Catalina yet.

If you download this Pages Mail/Data merge solution, only the original author can resolve issues that may occur with it — again, if he is still supporting it, or something in Pages or Catalina changes to break the application. Caveat Emptor.

If not the above, export the Pages document as a Word .docx, and use the Mail/Data merge feature in the free LibreOffice Writer (word clone). Or if you already have access to MS Word, it can do it too.

2019 Mail Merge for Pages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.