Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Display/ Screen problem

Good day guys,

MacBook Pro (2019)

macOS Catalina v10.15

I notice that my screen, especially the open window turns red every time my screen saver turns on. Here is an actual picture of this problem:

As you can see, the active window, the address bar, the dock, and in general, the whole screen, turns red for a fraction of a second before the screen saver starts. Do any of you face this problem?

Other than that, I don't have any issues when using the Mac, except sometime where the screen has a blue tone shift which I guess is due to True Tone technology. Night shift works fine too.

Once I also noticed a different problem when rebooting in safe mode.

This time too it lasted just a fraction of a second. I didn't manage to take a picture, but it looked somewhat like this (see image below) in a small section of the screen and not the whole screen.

This image is downloaded from the internet for representational purpose.

Since I do not have any problem during usage of my Mac, do you think there is actually a problem with the display?

Thanks.

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Oct 14, 2019 5:57 AM

Similar questions

2 replies

Oct 22, 2019 11:31 PM in response to Sridhar Ananthanarayanan

I managed to video record my screen during safe boot. Here is a picture of how my display flashes every time I boot in safe mode:

The screen flashes (or refreshes) once like this every single time, and it lasts only a fraction of a second.

As mentioned before, I don't have any problems when using my Mac, and this doesn't happen when booting normally.

Is this normal (because macOS does some maintenance during safe boot) or is this a problem?

Oct 17, 2019 11:35 PM in response to Sridhar Ananthanarayanan

Restarted my Mac couple of times in safe mode yesterday. The 2nd problem is there, and I can see that on the whole screen and not just in a small portion. It lasts for just a fraction of a second, but it is there. My display is fine during normal use and I notice this only when rebooting to safe mode.

any ideas if this is a problem that needs to be fixed or just a glitch that can be ignored?

Display/ Screen problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.