Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

what does photo message "curation complete" mean

Got a message on my wife's iphone 8 after turning off icloud storage of her photos. Message reads "curation complete". What does this mean?

Posted on Oct 14, 2019 7:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 19, 2019 12:29 PM

Hello bbtwest,

I understand after turning off iCloud Photos on your wife's iPhone 8 you saw a message telling you curation was complete and you want to know what the message means. I'm happy to answer this for you.

Photos for iOS takes an interactive approach to curate your past photos and videos into collections. These collections are viewable in Memories, and they are created automatically. You can learn more about this here: Enjoy your Memories in Photos. It sounds like you got that message because Photos was finishing that process.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 19, 2019 12:29 PM in response to bbtwest

Hello bbtwest,

I understand after turning off iCloud Photos on your wife's iPhone 8 you saw a message telling you curation was complete and you want to know what the message means. I'm happy to answer this for you.

Photos for iOS takes an interactive approach to curate your past photos and videos into collections. These collections are viewable in Memories, and they are created automatically. You can learn more about this here: Enjoy your Memories in Photos. It sounds like you got that message because Photos was finishing that process.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care.

what does photo message "curation complete" mean

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.