You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trying to use iPad as second display for MacBook, but neither connection option is working.

I found the post that tells you how to connect your iPad to your MacBook using Sidecar, but when I go to my Sidecar options, it doesn't recognize that my iPad is even connected (see 1st screen shot, the drop down menu for "Connect to" is not active and doesn't allow you to click on it). I tried to connect via AirPlay, but the AirPlay icon will not display on my MacBook, even after following the directions on how to make the AirPlay icon show again (see 2nd screen shot, it's only giving me the option of "Off" as the AirPlay Display). I just updated my iPad to 13.1.2 and my MacBook is updated to Catalina Version 10.15. Please help!! Thanks :)

Posted on Oct 14, 2019 2:29 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 14, 2019 2:39 PM

Please disregard. Thanks!

1 reply

Trying to use iPad as second display for MacBook, but neither connection option is working.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.