Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Boot Camp Support Software not Currently Available

I am trying to run Windows 10 on my 2019 13 inch MacBook Pro (2 Thunderbolt) with Mojave 10.14.6.

I downloaded the Windows 10 x64 .iso file from the Microsoft Website (I have tried both the 2018 and 2019 versions available), but when I hit "Install" in Boot Camp Assistant 6.1.0, I run into this error. I have tried multiple on both Wi-Fi and Ethernet (through a USB-C adapter) as well as trying to download the support software myself by going to Action > Download Windows Support Software, to no avail.

Is there another way to directly download support software for these newer Macs in order to run Boot Camp?

Thanks

MacBook Pro

Posted on Oct 15, 2019 10:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 16, 2019 4:03 AM

There seems to be an issue with MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2019, Two Thunderbolt 3 ports) - Technical Specifications software. See Can’t install the software because it is … - Apple Community as an example.

You may want to check with local Apple Support and provide the MacModel Identifier. Are you outside the US? My test is able to get the software.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 16, 2019 4:03 AM in response to HaricotsMungo

There seems to be an issue with MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2019, Two Thunderbolt 3 ports) - Technical Specifications software. See Can’t install the software because it is … - Apple Community as an example.

You may want to check with local Apple Support and provide the MacModel Identifier. Are you outside the US? My test is able to get the software.

Oct 16, 2019 8:09 AM in response to Loner T

Ok thanks for the quick reply. I don't know what the problem was in Mojave, so I backed up the computer and updated it to Catalina.

Surprisingly, as soon as I opened boot camp assistant in Catalina and used the same iso file I tried to in Mojave, it downloaded the software correctly and I was able to dual boot Windows.

Maybe the updated software you could reach through Brigadier is also available by updating to Catalina? Either way the issue is resolved.

Boot Camp Support Software not Currently Available

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.