Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

if I upgrade to catalina with my imac will I beable to sinc with my mac book pro with High Siera

if I upgrade to catalina with my imac will I beable to sinc with my mac book pro with High Siera

Posted on Oct 15, 2019 1:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 16, 2019 8:31 AM

I am using a mixture of OS versions between home and work. The only gotcha I found was with Reminders. Reminders go a big update and the old isn't compatible with the new. This doesn't affect me personally because I use Things for reminders but if you do make the switch, be sure not to select the Reminders upgrade. (This was initiated on my iPhone but I assume you'll get the same prompt the first time you run Reminders on your Catalina Mac)

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 16, 2019 8:31 AM in response to ekim9MAT

I am using a mixture of OS versions between home and work. The only gotcha I found was with Reminders. Reminders go a big update and the old isn't compatible with the new. This doesn't affect me personally because I use Things for reminders but if you do make the switch, be sure not to select the Reminders upgrade. (This was initiated on my iPhone but I assume you'll get the same prompt the first time you run Reminders on your Catalina Mac)

Oct 15, 2019 9:34 PM in response to woodmeister50

Ok, I am about to upgrade to Catalina from Mojave on a iMac. My travel computer is a a 2011 mac book pro using high siera at the moment ,this laptop will not upgrade to Catalina. my question is "will I be able to use both machines with the same data, mail,Notes, etc" as I do now as they both sinc via iCloud all the same stuff. Whether I use the iMac or the MBP its the same .

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.