Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Siri on wifi

For some reason, whenever I ask Siri a question when I have WiFi but not cellular turned on, she says she has connection problems. But when I turn on cellular data, she starts working again. Is Siri not available on just WiFi?

iPhone 11

Posted on Oct 15, 2019 5:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 15, 2019 5:25 PM

It is possible for some services to work on your WiFi while others are blocked depending on the setup of your router. Also if you are using most of the bandwidth on your router streaming YouTube, etc. there will not be enough remaining for Siri to get a fast enough internet connection and she will time out.

Try restarting your router and then just use Siri, don't use anything else.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 15, 2019 5:25 PM in response to Kitbob5

It is possible for some services to work on your WiFi while others are blocked depending on the setup of your router. Also if you are using most of the bandwidth on your router streaming YouTube, etc. there will not be enough remaining for Siri to get a fast enough internet connection and she will time out.

Try restarting your router and then just use Siri, don't use anything else.

Siri on wifi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.