Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Find my iPhone, address unavailable

I lost my iPhone X this morning and tried to find a location via Find my(ios13). I was able to activate ‘Mark As Lost’ function and I could see the remaining battery of my iPhone. However, I cannot check the location, saying ‘Address Unavailable’. The app or my phone seems very unstable as it keep loosing connection between phone and find my app.

Please help me to find my phone..

iPhone X

Posted on Oct 15, 2019 11:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 22, 2019 6:12 AM

Hi hyunsoo145,

Thanks for posting. I understand you're seeing "Address Unavailable" when using Find My iPhone. For reference, this resource has great information on how you can Locate a lost or stolen device.

Based on what you're seeing, it sounds possible the iPhone is off or otherwise was not able to connect in order to share a location. In this case, marking as lost as you have was a great idea.

If you're not able to locate the device, this resource, If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen, has some helpful suggestions:

"If you didn't turn on Find My [device] before your device was lost or stolen, it can't be used to locate your device. But you can use these steps to help protect your data:

1. Change your Apple ID password. By changing your Apple ID password, you can prevent anyone from accessing your iCloud data or using other services (such as iMessage or iTunes) from your missing device.
  2. Change the passwords for other internet accounts on your device. This can include email accounts, Facebook, or Twitter.
  3. Report your lost or stolen device to local law enforcement. Law enforcement might request the serial number of your device. Find your device serial number.
  4. Report your lost or stolen device to your wireless carrier. Your carrier can disable the account, preventing phone calls, texts, and data use.

Find My [device] is the only way that you can track or locate a lost or missing device. If Find My [device] isn't enabled on your device before it goes missing, there's no other Apple service that can find, track, or flag your device for you."

I hope this helps. Take care.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 22, 2019 6:12 AM in response to hyunsoo145

Hi hyunsoo145,

Thanks for posting. I understand you're seeing "Address Unavailable" when using Find My iPhone. For reference, this resource has great information on how you can Locate a lost or stolen device.

Based on what you're seeing, it sounds possible the iPhone is off or otherwise was not able to connect in order to share a location. In this case, marking as lost as you have was a great idea.

If you're not able to locate the device, this resource, If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen, has some helpful suggestions:

"If you didn't turn on Find My [device] before your device was lost or stolen, it can't be used to locate your device. But you can use these steps to help protect your data:

1. Change your Apple ID password. By changing your Apple ID password, you can prevent anyone from accessing your iCloud data or using other services (such as iMessage or iTunes) from your missing device.
  2. Change the passwords for other internet accounts on your device. This can include email accounts, Facebook, or Twitter.
  3. Report your lost or stolen device to local law enforcement. Law enforcement might request the serial number of your device. Find your device serial number.
  4. Report your lost or stolen device to your wireless carrier. Your carrier can disable the account, preventing phone calls, texts, and data use.

Find My [device] is the only way that you can track or locate a lost or missing device. If Find My [device] isn't enabled on your device before it goes missing, there's no other Apple service that can find, track, or flag your device for you."

I hope this helps. Take care.

Find my iPhone, address unavailable

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.