Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

installing Mojave

I upgraded my OS to Catalina and found that its no more supporting 32 bit Apps.

I do not wish to install a virtual machine for Mojave using Parallel or other softwares, rather prefer to create a new partition for same and have the option to switch between both OS's.

appreciate any help on how to do it.

Posted on Oct 16, 2019 3:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 16, 2019 6:33 AM

Boot to your Recovery HD, so Restart your Mac and press and hold the Command and R keys.

When you are booted to your Recovery HD you should see the Utilities window, select Disk Utility.

Click on View in the menubar and select Show All Devices now select the Disk, not any of the indented

Volumes, see the screenshots below. Click on the Partition button, you will then see a 'pie chart' of your Disk.

Click on the + button and you will see a round handle on the circumference of the 'pie', you can move that

to increase or decrease the size of the partition so set as you like. On the right hand side give the new partition a name, make sure the format is APFS. Once you are absolutely certain click on Apply.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 16, 2019 6:33 AM in response to john.smith111

Boot to your Recovery HD, so Restart your Mac and press and hold the Command and R keys.

When you are booted to your Recovery HD you should see the Utilities window, select Disk Utility.

Click on View in the menubar and select Show All Devices now select the Disk, not any of the indented

Volumes, see the screenshots below. Click on the Partition button, you will then see a 'pie chart' of your Disk.

Click on the + button and you will see a round handle on the circumference of the 'pie', you can move that

to increase or decrease the size of the partition so set as you like. On the right hand side give the new partition a name, make sure the format is APFS. Once you are absolutely certain click on Apply.

installing Mojave

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.