Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Calling Vietnam with FaceTime

I am trying to call a Vietnamese iPhone number using FaceTime. But the FaceTime option is not showing up. I tried entering the number without the 011 and just used +84...... still don’t work. How do I proceed?

Posted on Oct 16, 2019 5:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 16, 2019 7:40 AM

In my experience, the most reliable way of using FaceTime is to make a Contact entry for the other person. Encode the phone number as +84xxxxxxxx, and enter the person's FaceTime email address if you can learn it. When you press "Done", after a few moments the FaceTime connectivity line should show up on that person's Contact page.

To call that person, open FaceTime, press + for a new conversation, and start typing the person's name. Choose any entry that is blue in color to make the call. If your known FaceTime correspondent's phone and email are grey instead of blue, that indicates that the person is temporarily unreachable (out of range, overnight Do Not Disturb, etc.).

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 16, 2019 7:40 AM in response to minh-hieu

In my experience, the most reliable way of using FaceTime is to make a Contact entry for the other person. Encode the phone number as +84xxxxxxxx, and enter the person's FaceTime email address if you can learn it. When you press "Done", after a few moments the FaceTime connectivity line should show up on that person's Contact page.

To call that person, open FaceTime, press + for a new conversation, and start typing the person's name. Choose any entry that is blue in color to make the call. If your known FaceTime correspondent's phone and email are grey instead of blue, that indicates that the person is temporarily unreachable (out of range, overnight Do Not Disturb, etc.).

Calling Vietnam with FaceTime

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.