Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notifications on apple watch and iphone

I did the new updates on the apple watch and iPhone and now the notifications are messed up. Before, my apple watch would have the notifications for things like text messages and my phone screen would stay quiet and wouldn't light up or chirp with the notification. However, now I have both my watch and phone getting notifications equally.

At this point I have tried to remove the mirror my phone notification option on the watch app and it's still not working.

Any feedback on how to correct this? I prefer for my watch to get the notifications and not have my phone buzz and light up as often while I am at the office.

TIA

Apple Watch

Posted on Oct 16, 2019 9:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 16, 2019 9:23 AM

Go to the Watch app on the iPhone and make sure that Wrist Detection is turned on. If it is, then power the iPhone and the Watch off. Then turn them both back on, the iPhone first and then the Watch. Check once they have reconnected. The behavior you describe is not normal, but will occur if Wrist Detection is turned off.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 16, 2019 9:23 AM in response to FGERC

Go to the Watch app on the iPhone and make sure that Wrist Detection is turned on. If it is, then power the iPhone and the Watch off. Then turn them both back on, the iPhone first and then the Watch. Check once they have reconnected. The behavior you describe is not normal, but will occur if Wrist Detection is turned off.

Notifications on apple watch and iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.