Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth constantly drops/loses connection after upgrading to Catalina

Late 2013 rMBP, never has Bluetooth issues before. After downloading Catalina, my bluetooth devices are constantly dropping connections. I had to stop using Bluetooth speakers bc it kept losing the connection. I already tried deleting "com.apple.bluetooth.plist" items in Library, as well as debugging Bluetooth and removing all devices from the list, and did a PRAM/NVRAM reset.

Any options here? Thanks

MacBook Pro Retina

Posted on Oct 16, 2019 5:12 PM

1 reply

Oct 22, 2019 2:40 PM in response to jonnyp88

Hey there jonnyp88,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. I understand you’re having issues with your Bluetooth connections after updating to macOS Catalina. I’ll be happy to help with this.

If you haven’t already, test the issue in a new user account to isolate this issue:

How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac

Also, I understand this happened after updating, but it can be a good idea to check for possibly sources of interference using the tips in this link:

Resolve Wi-Fi and Bluetooth issues caused by wireless interference

If you still have issues after that, check for any hardware issues on your Mac by running an Apple Diagnostics:

How to use Apple Diagnostics on your Mac

If the issue continues, you may want to reach out to Apple Support using the following link to continue to look into this with you:

Contact Apple Support 

Cheers.

Bluetooth constantly drops/loses connection after upgrading to Catalina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.