Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Preview: "show notes" not working

Hi, I have called written in feedback regarding this issue since Mac OS Mojave and after upgrading to Mac OS Catalina , the problem had yet to be solved. I have seen in the community that since Mac OS High Sierra this issue had been going on since then.

The Issue:

In Preview, I did my annotations as a note. However, when I want to print my notes, I clicked on "show notes" and the notes that I had typed did not appear (shown in the attached picture, circled in red).

I am hoping that Apple would address and solve this going problem for years.

Thank you!

Posted on Oct 16, 2019 9:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 15, 2019 6:40 AM

Hi, just an update on this issue. Currently, show notes is working well and are able to be printed if "CTRL-COMMAND-N" was used (As seen in the blue post-it). However, it does not work when i highlight my text in yellow, right click to "Add Notes" (As seen in the yellow annotations that goes with the yellow post-it.

I hope that Apple will solve this issue too, it will be perfect soon!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 15, 2019 6:40 AM in response to dwfqyy

Hi, just an update on this issue. Currently, show notes is working well and are able to be printed if "CTRL-COMMAND-N" was used (As seen in the blue post-it). However, it does not work when i highlight my text in yellow, right click to "Add Notes" (As seen in the yellow annotations that goes with the yellow post-it.

I hope that Apple will solve this issue too, it will be perfect soon!

Oct 21, 2019 5:41 AM in response to dwfqyy

Since I installed MacOS Catalina the Preview Notes function on new and old documents no longer places notes in chronological/page order. All other Notes' functions seem unchanged but it is now impossible to locate notes by scrolling in the sidebar because they do not appear in page order. As I said, both documents already annotated and those I am currently annotating in Preview are affected. I can find nothing in Preview about re-ordering notes. Is this a glitch with an easy fix?

Preview: "show notes" not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.