Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stuck in endless "review apple ID" loop.

When attempting to update installed apps on my iphone XS Max, I am in an endless review apple ID loop.

After tapping update, I am prompted with a box "This Apple ID has not yet been used in the iTunes Store." Clearly not the case because I have previously installed apps. Once I select "review" there are two screens I am stuck within a loop:

1. Accept the Apple Media Terms & Conditions
  2. Add payment

Help and advice appreciated.

iPhone XS Max

Posted on Oct 17, 2019 7:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 23, 2019 10:31 AM

Hello bustedfish,

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities! I understand you're unable to update apps on your iPhone, as you mentioned you're unable to accept the Apple Media Terms & Conditions.

Are you able to accept the terms and conditions if you open the iTunes Store app on your iPhone? How about if you try accepting the terms and conditions on a different device you may own?

Is it possible the apps were downloaded under a different Apple ID? If not, then I suggest to sign out of the iTunes Store, sign back in, and then test the behavior. Keep in mind, signing out of the iTunes Store will remove music downloaded for offline listening if you're an Apple Music member. To sign out of the iTunes Store: tap Settings > iTunes & App Store, then tap your Apple ID and select Sign Out.

Let me know how it goes from here.

Kind regards.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 23, 2019 10:31 AM in response to bustedfish

Hello bustedfish,

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities! I understand you're unable to update apps on your iPhone, as you mentioned you're unable to accept the Apple Media Terms & Conditions.

Are you able to accept the terms and conditions if you open the iTunes Store app on your iPhone? How about if you try accepting the terms and conditions on a different device you may own?

Is it possible the apps were downloaded under a different Apple ID? If not, then I suggest to sign out of the iTunes Store, sign back in, and then test the behavior. Keep in mind, signing out of the iTunes Store will remove music downloaded for offline listening if you're an Apple Music member. To sign out of the iTunes Store: tap Settings > iTunes & App Store, then tap your Apple ID and select Sign Out.

Let me know how it goes from here.

Kind regards.

Stuck in endless "review apple ID" loop.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.