Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stickies disappeared a week after upgrading to Catalina

This is my professional "work" MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017).

All of my Stickies are gone after launching the app on a Monday, one week after upgrading to macOS Catalina. I uses Stickies for code snippets and reminders. After this fiasco, I will certainly not be using Stickies for anything, ever again.

The Stickies database file "last modified" date is one week before the upgrade. Odd, since I've used and updated Stickies since that date.

Any help in restoring them? I do not use Time Machine.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Oct 17, 2019 7:29 AM

9 replies

Oct 23, 2019 10:16 AM in response to marc_pro

Hi marc_pro,

Thanks for coming to Apple Support Communities for help with missing Stickies today. Before the Catalina upgrade, were the notes stored in the Stickies widget in Dashboard? If so, they would have been imported to the Stickies app found in the Applications folder. Have a look at Stickies User Guide.

If that doesn't resolve the issue, please contact Apple Support.

Have a fantastic day!

Nov 5, 2019 8:15 AM in response to MoonJ.

This bug is in the Stickies desktop app NOT the Dashboard widget. If Catalina imported the Dashboad stickies which I had ZERO, could that by why my desktop Stickies now have ZERO as well. Pretty sad migration effort. Is there ANY hope in getting these desktop Stickers back or, have they been overwritten hence, DELETED?

Thanks.

Nov 5, 2019 1:15 PM in response to marc_pro

I had this issue too but I've found the individual notes are still there but in this folder: /Users/xxxxxxx/Library/Containers/com.apple.Stickies/Data/Library/Stickies/

Unfortunately stickiesdatabase doesn't update.

When I import them into stickies it works, however they don't remain if you make one alteration to any of them, they disappear; you can also import them into the Notes app. But just wish I could get stickies to work, sigh.

Stickies disappeared a week after upgrading to Catalina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.