Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my ipad cannot connect to books. get the message uploads to and downloads from icloud will require an internet connection.

my ipad is connected to the internet by wifi. all other services are working, however when i open books i get the message uploads to and downloads from icloud will require an internet connection

Posted on Oct 17, 2019 8:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 21, 2020 8:04 AM

Turning the iCloud switch OFF and then ON did not work. Deleting the “Books” app and reinstalling DID work but it’s a long way from Steve Jobs’ statement - “Mac Products just work”. In my 40 years of using Apple products we’re no longer in that envious space. The truth is Apple products don’t “just work” anymore and the support in very “iffy”. It takes consumer time to resolve these issues. Apple should just provide the known resolution. The support team rarely cares about the root cause of the problem , they resort to the Microsoft solution - reboot the system or delete the app and start again (Your content could be blown away).

I generally like the physical appearance of Apple products and I hope they always look after aesthetics. They must, however pay attention to the rest of the product so that this kind of “timewaster” happens very infrequently.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 21, 2020 8:04 AM in response to jimmythai

Turning the iCloud switch OFF and then ON did not work. Deleting the “Books” app and reinstalling DID work but it’s a long way from Steve Jobs’ statement - “Mac Products just work”. In my 40 years of using Apple products we’re no longer in that envious space. The truth is Apple products don’t “just work” anymore and the support in very “iffy”. It takes consumer time to resolve these issues. Apple should just provide the known resolution. The support team rarely cares about the root cause of the problem , they resort to the Microsoft solution - reboot the system or delete the app and start again (Your content could be blown away).

I generally like the physical appearance of Apple products and I hope they always look after aesthetics. They must, however pay attention to the rest of the product so that this kind of “timewaster” happens very infrequently.

my ipad cannot connect to books. get the message uploads to and downloads from icloud will require an internet connection.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.