Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airdrop not working on my new iPhone 11

I can't send my pictures to my MacBook Air because when I choose Airdop after tapping the share icon, nothing happens!! What is the deal. I've checked to make sure my bluetooth is turned on in both areas, but the airdrop is still not working! Help!!

iPhone 11, iOS 13

Posted on Oct 17, 2019 3:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 17, 2019 5:34 PM

Learn here --> How to use AirDrop on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch ...

• Check that your iPhone 11 and MacBook Air where you are sending have Wi-Fi and Bluetooth turned on. If either of the device have Personal Hotspot on, turn it off.
  • If you are using a different Apple ID on MacBook Air....
    • Check if the MacBook Air where you are sending has the AirDrop set to receive from Contacts Only. If it does, and your iPhone has in Contacts, it needs to have your email address or mobile number in it's contact card for AirDrop to work.
    • If it is not in the Contacts, have them set their AirDrop receiving setting to Everyone in order to receive the file.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 17, 2019 5:34 PM in response to krodabough

Learn here --> How to use AirDrop on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch ...

• Check that your iPhone 11 and MacBook Air where you are sending have Wi-Fi and Bluetooth turned on. If either of the device have Personal Hotspot on, turn it off.
  • If you are using a different Apple ID on MacBook Air....
    • Check if the MacBook Air where you are sending has the AirDrop set to receive from Contacts Only. If it does, and your iPhone has in Contacts, it needs to have your email address or mobile number in it's contact card for AirDrop to work.
    • If it is not in the Contacts, have them set their AirDrop receiving setting to Everyone in order to receive the file.

Airdrop not working on my new iPhone 11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.