Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Siri can’t turn off my alarm.

When asked to turn off my alarm Siri says “Sorry, I can’t turn off your alarm right now, but I’ve silenced it.” Why can’t Siri turn it off?

iPhone 7

Posted on Oct 18, 2019 4:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 27, 2019 9:45 AM

Hello ulralola,

When the alarm is silenced, it should not be still sounding. Based on that information, the first thing I would do if this were my iPhone, would be to install the latest update. Keeping your iPhone up-to-date ensures that you have the latest security updates and performance enhancements. If you decide to update your iPhone be sure to create a backup of your iPhone data. Having a backup of your data is like having an insurance policy, you don’t plan on using it, but it’s great to have if you need it. Here’s how to back up your iPhone: How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.

Once the backup is complete, please install the update. You can update your iPhone using either wireless over-the-air updating or update using your computer: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Let us know how your iPhone performs on iOS 13.1.3.

Cheers!

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 27, 2019 9:45 AM in response to ultralola

Hello ulralola,

When the alarm is silenced, it should not be still sounding. Based on that information, the first thing I would do if this were my iPhone, would be to install the latest update. Keeping your iPhone up-to-date ensures that you have the latest security updates and performance enhancements. If you decide to update your iPhone be sure to create a backup of your iPhone data. Having a backup of your data is like having an insurance policy, you don’t plan on using it, but it’s great to have if you need it. Here’s how to back up your iPhone: How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.

Once the backup is complete, please install the update. You can update your iPhone using either wireless over-the-air updating or update using your computer: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Let us know how your iPhone performs on iOS 13.1.3.

Cheers!

Oct 24, 2019 6:35 AM in response to ultralola

Hello ultralola,

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities! I see that you're wondering why Siri can silence your alarm, but not turn it off. I tried this out on my own iPhone XS which is running iOS 13.1.3, and found that once Siri silences the alarm, you can then ask her, "Hey Siri, turn off the alarm," and it will be turned off. I hope this is helpful.

If you'd like to leave feedback about this feature you can do so by going to the Feedback site: Feedback - iPhone - Apple.

Enjoy your day

Oct 25, 2019 7:45 AM in response to MoonJ.

Thanks for the response but it did not work. I have iOS 13.1.2 on my iPhone 7. I tried what you suggested but Siri just keeps saying the same thing, that it cannot turn it off, just silence it. [By the way, what does silencing the alarm mean? The alarm still sounds, it is not silent.] Maybe if I upgrade to 13.1.3 it will work? Also, I do not like iOS 13 :(.

Nov 26, 2019 7:30 AM in response to ultralola

i have the same issue, normally im using AirPods, (sitting to the radio in bed) when I try to turn off the alarm via Siri - Siri says ‘Sorry I can’t turn off your alarm right now, but I’ve silenced it’. and the alarm is silenced on the phone, and transferred to ringing in the headphones. (brand new, latest update iPhone 11 - 13.1.3, & 13.2.3 and airpods2.

Ideally what im trying to do is make it stop ringing. there is an alarm screen with a snooze and a stop. (why is your timer and alarm buttons not consistent?)

hay siri press snooze -- ok i have snoozed it.... good... ideal in fact

hay siri press stop.. ... here is what i have found on the web for press stop.

hay siri silence the alarm .. 'im sorry i can't turn off your alarm, but i have silenced it" (now its ringing in the headphones, not the phone), (i can snooze again and it is silent)

Hay siri, when are the chicago bulls playing near me.. dates and times of matches are displayed , (alarm is still ringing in headphones) (perhaps the siri AI team working on sports reporting could spend a day with the alarm clock team? ;-) )

Siri can’t turn off my alarm.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.